Sunday, April 20, 2014

Baucar Buku 1Malaysia - my story

I am frustrated. I don't know where to start. I mean, what is the purpose of Baucar Buku 1Malaysia actually? I believe one of the purposes is to help students to ease some of their burdens (money-related burdens). Part of students' life are of books and assignments.While books and references are easily accessible online and libraries, one cannot find assignments that readily available online to submit to their lecturers, if so, one still need to make it into hard copy... Can you tell me how you write your assignments with? using computer/ laptop. Very few lecturers accept assignments which is handwritten nowadays. We understand that. Then you have to PRINT it so that your dear lecturers can have the hard copy of your assignments, right..? So ink cartridges, A4 papers and printers are considered as necessities in students' life. There is where the Baucar Buku 1Malaysia should be spent!

 But the rules on "How to spend the Baucar buku" denies that.

"Kalau saya bagi awak beli ink ni guna baucar buku, nanti saya yang kene menjawab dengan bos."- said one of the sales person at one of the bookstores I have surveyed.

I don't know whether the rules really state that 80% of the baucar buku should be used to buy books or the rules are being misunderstood. Either way, it makes students' life suffer.

So, what do you do with your Baucar Buku 1Malaysia?
 Beli novel..hik hik hik..
Yep, i have seen a few students queuing at the Pembayaran menggunakan Baucar Buku counter laden with a basketful of novels.-Don't put he blame on them... That's all the Baucar Buku is useful (can be used) for..
So don't be surprised if one day you  find students drifted away drowning in illusion seas of emotions and fail to be presentable in the real world. They fell into unrealistic world because there is where thousands RM of Baucar Buku are being spent - Beli novel cinta - which have no relation at all with their courses studied.

Kisah baucar buku saya

We spent almost three hours in Popular Bookstore. We scan, take-and-put, choose and re-choose, calculating the prices of items selected. We made a little base camp at one corner of the store, scattered our things, evaluate and reevaluate so that we would not exceed the given value. We were tired. Our eyes getting blurry and teary and red due to strong blow from air conditioning and over staring. My stomach did a few hard notes. My last food was my early lunch at 11.00 am.

So we have decided how to spend my RM150.00 baucar buku.
We brought the basket full with stationary and some books to the counter.
I produced my IC and 3 RM50 baucar buku. I want to spend the other RM100 for printer's cartridge.

"Err.. dik, kalau nak guna baucar, 80% kena beli buku..", the cashier in uniform yang comel told me.

We took the basket off the counter, went back to our little base camp and changing a few non-book items into a few books.

That's how I let go my RM150 Baucar Buku.

I used some of my afternoons to survey which bookstores or computer stores that accept Baucar Buku as means of transaction. I want to buy ink cartridge. To my despair, none of computer stores accept Baucar buku. The bookstores are stick to the rules: 80% must be books. So if I have RM100 Baucar Buku, RM80 should goes to books! and the ink is what? RM20??? Ridiculous isn't it?

I am a part time student, I have a secure job. Extracting RM40 from my wallet to buy a cartridge should not be a problem. But I think the cartridge would be more valuable if I buy it using Baucar Buku...[sigh]

So, please, whoever made the rules about Baucar Buku, please revise the rules. For all I know the Baucar is now being spent in various ways, most of them are not 'intelligent'.

How did I spent my Baucar Buku?
I bought 13 papery items [novels, religious books, recipe book, mags] - none of them have thing s to do with my study (directly)
Pens, mechanical pencils, file and stapler's bullet (dawai kokot).

No comments:

Post a Comment